ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy has been developed to improve transparency and understanding between management consultancy service providers and their clients, ultimately leading to better outcomes from consultancy work. ISO 20700 was developed by management consultants for management consultants with CMC-Global (ICMCI) as the self-regulatory body of the management consulting profession, taking the lead in initiating the production of the Standard.
CMC-Global has now developed a Self-Declaration Checklist to the Standard to provide practical and hands on support for management consultants in demonstrating their work according to the ISO 20700 and has accredited IMC Australia to deliver this training to all management consultants practising within Australia.
This course is open to all internal and external management consultants practising in Australia or New Zealand.
Following the training you will be able to:
• Understand the scope and application of ISO 20700 as it applies to a management consulting project
• Apply and use the Checklist for small, medium and large projects
• Adapt the Checklist to suit the varying requirements of your clients
• Use the Checklist as a basis for discussion and greater transparency with your clients before, during and after a consulting engagement
• Ensure your internal processes align with the Standard
• Make your clients aware of the Standard that the international community has established as the base requirements for a management consulting engagement which will help set expectations and raise awareness
• Display the electronic mark and logo on all communications, promotions and consultancy documentation.
The course will be conducted via Zoom and will comprise a combination of facilitator-led information sessions, group discussion, group and individual activities.
On completion of the course, you will:
- Be accredited by CMC-Global and IMC Australia to self-declare and "stamp" your projects as being compliant with ISO 20700:2017
- Receive a certificate of attendance issued by CMC-Global and IMC Australia as being trained in the Self-Declaration Checklist
- Receive electronic copies for use of the Checklist for small, medium and large projects
- Be able to use the electronic mark showing trained in ISO 20700:2017 Self-Declaration Checklist for use on all communications and documentation
- Be eligible for listing on the CMC-Global site of trained consultants (optional).
Pre-reading and login instructions
Preparatory material and handouts for use during the course will be sent to course attendees along with login instructions on the day before the course. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the course materials prior to attending the course. Participants are also encouraged to access and read the Standard ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy Services prior to attending the course.
Facilitator - Brendyn Williams FIMC CMC, FIEAust, CPEng, FIPWEA, FAITPM, MAICD, JP
Brendyn Williams is a chartered professional engineer and certified management consultant, and has been providing advice and support towards business improvement and business excellence for over 20 years, primarily in the building and construction sector.
Brendyn has been a practising management consultant since 1999, a professional member of IMC since 2010, and was awarded CMC Certification and Fellow Membership in 2016. Brendyn has been an IMC Board Director since 2012, the IMC NSW&ACT Chapter President since 2013, was the IMC National President and Board Chair during 2016-2019, and is now an accredited trainer for IMC.Brendyn has been the IMC Standards Chair since 2016 responsible for leading IMC’s representation as a Nominating Organisation with Standards Australia, and has recently been invited to participate as a member of the ICMCI ‘Future of Management Consulting’ advisory board.
Brendyn is currently the Principal Consultant for Pentagon Management (since 2001); the Systems and Assurance Advisor for Cardno; a Casual Lecturer in Quality Management for the School of Built Environment at Western Sydney University; and a participating member of several Standards Australia Technical Committees representing both IMC and Engineers Australia.
Tuesday 10th May 2022
Brisbane | 9.00am - 3.00pm
Melbourne/Sydney | 9.00am - 3.00pm
Adelaide | 8.30am - 2.30pm
Perth | 7.00am - 1.00pm
NZ | 11.00am - 5.00pm
Non Member | $495 incl. GST
Member | $395 inc GST
IMC NZ members | $359 excl GST
How to Register:
Please login or create a new account to register for this event.
PAST ATTENDEES’ TESTIMONIALS
“I just wanted to thank you for the training session on Tuesday. I found it interesting and enjoyable and enjoyed working with my colleagues in the small group breakouts. Further, it gave me cause to revisit my consulting process and I have just finished updating my standard client engagement letter, terms and conditions and reference to the IMC Code of Ethics to ensure it is fully compliant with the requirements of the ISO 20700 Self-Declaration Checklist – Small Project.
It was a great investment of time. I have tonight, recommended it to the VicTas Chapter Council.”
John Downes FIMC CMC | CEO, Accoro | National Vice-President & VICTAS Chapter President | Institute of Management Consultants
“This short course on the ISO20700 standard for consulting was a great eye opener regarding the things I should have thought about and didn’t; it confirmed some of the things I was doing but could have been doing better; and answered many of the questions I still had about the profession and where it was heading. It was great to meet other experienced consultants to see what they do and how they do it. A great learning opportunity. Thanks IMC for hosting this event. “
Tony Simmonds MIMC CMC | Owner/Director | Interlink Technology Pty Ltd & Interlink Technology Services Pty Ltd (RTO: 31926)
For further information contact: Christine Cox, FIMC CMC - m: 0417 613 299