ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy has been developed to improve transparency and understanding between management consultancy service providers and their clients, ultimately leading to better outcomes from consultancy work. ISO 20700 was developed by management consultants for management consultants with CMC-Global (ICMCI) as the self-regulatory body of the management consulting profession, taking the lead in initiating the production of the Standard.
CMC-Global has now developed a Self-Declaration Checklist to the Standard to provide practical and hands on support for management consultants in demonstrating their work according to the ISO 20700 and has accredited IMC Australia to deliver this training to all management consultants practising within Australia.
This course is open to all internal and external management consultants practising in Australia or New Zealand. Please note that while non-management consultants are welcome to attend, only practising management consultants are permitted to use the Checklist and display the 'Trained In' logo.
Following the training you will be able to:
• Understand the scope and application of ISO 20700 as it applies to a management consulting project
• Apply and use the Checklist for small, medium and large projects
• Adapt the Checklist to suit the varying requirements of your clients
• Use the Checklist as a basis for discussion and greater transparency with your clients before, during and after a consulting engagement
• Ensure your internal processes align with the Standard
• Make your clients aware of the Standard that the international community has established as the base requirements for a management consulting engagement which will help set expectations and raise awareness
• Display the electronic mark and logo on all communications, promotions and consultancy documentation.
The course will be conducted via Zoom and will comprise a combination of facilitator-led information sessions, group discussion, group and individual activities.
On completion of the course, you will:
- Be accredited by CMC-Global and IMC Australia to self-declare and "stamp" your projects as conforming with ISO 20700:2017
- Receive a certificate of attendance issued by CMC-Global and IMC Australia as being trained in the Self-Declaration Checklist
- Receive electronic copies for use of the Checklist for small, medium and large projects
- Be able to use the electronic mark showing trained in ISO 20700:2017 Self-Declaration Checklist for use on all communications and documentation
- Be eligible for listing on the CMC-Global site of trained consultants (optional).
Pre-reading and login instructions
Preparatory material and handouts for use during the course will be sent to course attendees along with login instructions on the day before the course. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the course materials prior to attending the course. Participants are also encouraged to access and read the Standard ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy Services prior to attending the course.
Brisbane | 9.00am - 3.00pm
Melbourne/Sydney | 10.00am - 4.00pm
Adelaide | 9.30am - 3.30pm
Perth | 7.00am - 1.00pm
NZ | 12.00pm - 6.00pm
Non Member | $495 incl. GST
Member | $395 inc GST
IMC NZ members | $359 excl GST
How to Register:
Please login or create a new account to register for this event.
Facilitator - Brendyn Williams FIMC CMC
Brendyn Williams is
the Standards Chair for the Institute of Management Consultants,
leading IMC’s representation as a Nominating Organisation with Standards
Australia (since 2016).
For over 25 years (since 1995), Brendyn
has been leading and managing the design, development, implementation,
audit and improvement of business process management systems for
engineering organisations and infrastructure projects. Brendyn is
currently the Principal Consultant for Pentagon Management (since
2001); the Systems and Assurance Advisor for Cardno; a Casual Lecturer
in Quality Management for the School of Built Environment at Western
Sydney University; and a participating member of several Standards
Australia Technical Committees representing both IMC and Engineers
PAST ATTENDEES’ TESTIMONIALS
"An extremely worthwhile course to meet and collaborate with fellow consultants providing broad views and discussion of experience and contemporary challenges. Looking forward to future opportunities and engagement and fostering the adoption of ISO 20700 with clients and colleagues”.
Nick Hadjinicolaou MIMC CMC | Director iLearning Solutions
“This short course on the ISO20700 standard for consulting was a great eye opener regarding the things I should have thought about and didn’t; it confirmed some of the things I was doing but could have been doing better; and answered many of the questions I still had about the profession and where it was heading. It was great to meet other experienced consultants to see what they do and how they do it. A great learning opportunity. Thanks IMC for hosting this event. “
Tony Simmonds MIMC CMC | Owner/Director | Interlink Technology Pty Ltd & Interlink Technology Services Pty Ltd (RTO: 31926)
For further information contact: Christine Cox, FIMC CMC - m: 0417 613 299