Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the event you want to register for (either from the homepage or the Events page).
- Select 'Add to Cart' (on the right-hand side of the page)
- View your shopping cart and select 'Checkout'
- Note: If you do not have an account (subscriber or member) you must create one at this point, or login with your account details
Logging in also ensures you receive any applicable discounts
- Enter or confirm your billing address
- Select 'Place Order' and enter your payment details
When your membership comes up for renewal, you will be notified via email.
Simply follow the instructions in the email to renew your membership. You can also check the status of your membership by logging into your user dashboard.
Certified Management Consultant
There are five requirements for eligibility to apply for CMC certification:
- Three years experience as a management consultant
- Relevant qualifications and experience to support your technical competence:
- A relevant professional or academic qualification (degree level or higher), or
- A minimum of four years relevant experience gained in consulting in your primary area of technical specialization, or
- An unrelated first degree followed by an accredited development program over a minimum of a twelve month period.
- Experience in all elements of the consulting life cycle
- Clients who value the contribution, delivery and impact you make to their business
- Membership of the Institute of Management Consultants.
The Institute of Management Consultants in Australia (IMC), as a member of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI), confers the internationally recognized qualification of Certified Management Consultant (CMC).
The Institute of Management Consultants defines management consulting as ‘the provision to management of objective advice and assistance relating to the strategy, structure, management and operations of an organisation in pursuit of its long-term purposes and objectives. Such assistance may include the identification of options with recommendations; the provision of an additional resource and/or the implementation of solutions.’
This tour provides guidelines for candidates who wish to apply to the IMC for certification as a CMC. It outlines for candidates the application and assessment process and procedures, and contains the relevant information that candidates require to determine their eligibility and make their application.
Certified Management Consultant (CMC) is a competency-based management consultant certification scheme open to current IMC members.
It is an internationally recognized award conferred by Management Consulting Institutes that are members of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI).
IMC Australia is a member of ICMCI and has sole responsibility of awarding CMC status in Australia. The assessment and certification process must meet strict guidelines stipulated by the ICMCI.
Here’s the instructions for uploading a photo for your IMC profile:
1) Log in
2) Click on your name (top RHS) and scroll down to “Bio”
3) If you don’t have a bio – create one
4) On the LHS choose “Profile Image”
5) Choose a file & Upload
6) Save & exit